Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
简介Hyundai Rotem, a defense solutions and railway vehicles maker affiliated with Hyundai Motor Group, s ...
Hyundai Rotem, a defense solutions and railway vehicles maker affiliated with Hyundai Motor Group, said Tuesday it is showcasing its next-generation defense technologies during the Seoul International Aerospace & Defense Exhibition 2023, which is taking place at Seoul Airport in Seongnam this week.
The biennial event is the defense industry's biggest gathering in Korea. This year, a record 550 exhibitors from 35 nations are joining the event.
Under the theme of “Shielding Peace with Modern Defense Solutions,” Hyundai Rotem will present its ground weapons systems portfolio, centered around new innovations tailored for the manned-unmanned combined system -- a systems approach that combines human-operated equipment with autonomous technologies.
To accommodate their extensive showcase, a two-story exhibition space spanning 783 square meters has been established, in collaboration with Kia and automotive parts maker Hyundai Wia, to form a Hyundai Motor Group integrated exhibition hall.
The highlight of the exhibition is the debut of Hyundai Rotem's pioneering 30-ton wheeled armored vehicle. Developed with an eye on the global market, this vehicle boasts versatility, allowing integration with a range of mission equipment, and has the unique feature of being operable in water.
Hyundai Rotem's innovative concept for the next-generation tank, a joint venture with the Hyundai Design and Technical Center, will also be displayed. This future tank marries a low-observability stealthy design with the ability to function in diverse combat scenarios, both with and without human intervention.
A refined version of its multi-purpose unmanned vehicle will also be displayed alongside the tank. This iteration, having proven its mettle with a successful military deployment last year, promises enhanced autonomous operation reliability.
An upgraded model of the company's multi-purpose unmanned vehicle will also be on display. This iteration, which successfully underwent a military deployment last year, has improved on the reliability of its autonomous operation.
Attendees can look forward to a digital experience, with Hyundai Rotem offering an augmented reality and virtual reality section that provides a more palpable glimpse into the interiors and mechanisms of these next-gen vehicles.
Civilian applications include the U-POD, an unmanned vehicle developed in conjunction with Hyundai Motor Company. This vehicle, inspired by Hyundai Rotem's previous military unmanned designs, is equipped with features like autonomous driving and self-loading. It has potential uses in diverse civilian sectors like food delivery and waste collection.
Complementing the lineup, Hyundai Rotem is also set to reveal its export variant of the flagship K2 tank, the K2EX, equipped with updated electronics and features including remote control weapon systems.
“The 30-ton wheeled armored vehicle and the U-POD are tangible examples the company's vision of seamlessly blending manned and unmanned systems,” said a spokesperson from Hyundai Rotem.
Hyundai Motor Group said Tuesday that its urban air mobility arm Supernal, along with its sister fir ...
It’s rare for a rookie director like Kim Chang-hoon, whose debut action noir “Hopeless” hits local t ...
Science and ICT Minister Lee Jong-ho on Wednesday made congratulatory remarks for The Korea Herald’s ...
윤 대통령 “국민소통·현장소통·당정소통 강화하라”
[HIT Forum] High schooler shares his space dream
[HIT Forum] Korea's only astronaut highlights humanity's connection with universe
HD Hyundai Shipbuilding invests $47m in Estonian fuel cell for green maritime energy
S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy
尹 “하마스 무차별 공격 규탄”...척 슈머 등 美 상원 대표단 접견
- 문 정부, 셀트리온에 코로나 R&D 예산 522억 몰아줬다
- USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier to arrive in Busan this week
- HIT forum on space to be held in Seoul
- N. Korea may conduct nuclear test to divert internal attention from food crisis: Seoul ministry
- P&G Korea launches premium diaper to combat skin dryness
- GS Caltex, Posco team up on biofuel
- Trend forecaster Kim Ran
- 강서구청장 12시 투표율 11.4%…직전 지선보다 2.9%p 낮아
- Multinational criminal ring arrested for smuggling meth in bulk into South Korea
- 민주당 개표 초반부터 환호성…김태우 캠프엔 적막 가득했다
- Lotte increases efforts to give back to society
- The many regional flavors of songpyeon, a Korean holiday dessert
- Inflation driving up costs to eat out
- 김영호 통일장관 “북러 군사 무기거래 깊이 우려…불법행위 중단하라”
- Seoul's financial assistance for egg freezing receives attention from single women
- Chuseok’s celestial journey: Best spots for full moon gazing in Seoul
- S. Korean refiners set for turnaround in Q3 on stronger margins
- Same day, different holiday: Mid
- S. Korea to extend $5 mil worth of fertilizer aid to Ukraine via U.S. agency
- Jungkook of BTS sweeps iTunes’ Top Songs charts in 100 different regions
- Memorials commemorating Itaewon crowd crush to be erected at accident site
- Civic group to celebrate 70th anniversary of S. Korea
- 민주당 "영장 기각은 사필귀정…尹 머리 숙여 사죄하라"