Seoul shares open higher on US gains
简介South Korean stocks got off to a strong start Tuesday tracking overnight gains on Wall Street.The be ...
South Korean stocks got off to a strong start Tuesday tracking overnight gains on Wall Street.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.23 points, or 0.79 percent, to 2,455.47 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
U.S. stocks closed higher as investors bet on big tech, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average advancing 0.93 percent and the Nasdaq Composite rising 1.2 percent.
In Seoul, tech and battery shares led the bullish opening.
Top-cap Samsung Electronics added 0.74 percent and its local rival LG Electronics rose 1.9 percent.
Leading battery maker LG Energy Solution climbed 1.05 percent and Posco Future M jumped 3.43 percent.
Leading pharmaceutical firm Samsung Biologics and SK bioscience rose 0.98 percent and 1.06 percent, respectively.
The local currency was trading at 1,349.75 won against the US dollar at 9:15 a.m., up 3.95 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
이준석 전 국민의힘 대표가 16일 서울 강서구청장 보궐선거 참패와 관련해 윤석열 대통령과 여당에 변화와 쇄신을 촉구하며 눈물을 흘렸다.이 전 대표는 이날 국회 소통관에서 기자회견을 ...
김기현 국민의힘 대표(왼쪽)와 김태우 강서구청장 후보가 지난 8일 서울 강서구 남부골목시장에서 유세하고 있다. [뉴시스]“집권당 대표가 보증하는 김태우의 숙원! 화곡이 마곡이 되고 ...
The first concerts of Ive's "Show What I Have" world tour in Seoul on Saturday and Sunday were ...
- Hamas weapons, tactics resemble those of NK: JCS
- [Herald Interview] Singer
- US eases export controls on chip equipment for Samsung, SK factories in China
- Human rights commission urges Korea to abolish death penalty
- S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy
- S. Korean women dominate recurve archery at Asian Games
163 S. Koreans arrive home from Israel on military aircraft
BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
How college students are coping with the impact of inflation
Questions remain after passage of anonymous birth bill
S. Korea set to open largest
[Photo News] Housing solutions in Asia
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online
- US strategic bomber B
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- Beef prices have soared 100
- SC Bank Korea CEO nominated for fourth term
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- Reeling from election loss, ruling party picks new leader posts
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict
- 카메라 찍힌 김여정 960만원 '디올 백'…그 자체가 北인권 참상
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed's higher
- S. Korea to step up quarantine efforts against animal diseases
- Milk prices to go up in Oct.
- Kakao completes its first own data center
- LG chief convenes CEO meeting to review growth strategy
- [사진] 용산 팔도장터 찾아 떡메치기
- Govt. to survey spending on private education of preschoolers, Suneung retakers
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Koreanists on verge of extinction overseas
- Posco to build joint venture with US grain company
- Hana Financial signs MOU with Saudi Arabia's EXIM bank to expand cooperation
- [Korea Beyond Korea] ‘Korea should support Korean history studies, research abroad’
- 4th Global Biz Forum kicks off to discuss 'next prosperity'